Looking to exchange, or buy a propane tank or cylinder? Purchase or exchange your empty propane tank at Berend Bros. It’s fast and convenient. Propane tank exchange and tank purchases are available at Berend Bros. locations in Wichita Falls, Windthorst, Olney, Bowie, and Megargel, Texas.
Propane Safety Tips
- Store and use tank only in an upright, vertical position.
- Know the odor of LP-Gas. Under certain circumstances, you may not be able to smell the odorant. If you hear, see or smell leaking LP-gas, immediately get everyone away from the tank and call the fire department.
- LP-Gas is heavier than air and can settle in low places while dissipating.
- Contact with liquid contents of tank will cause freeze burns to the skin.
- Do NOT allow children to tamper or play with the tank.
- When not connected for use, keep the tank valve turned to the “CLOSED” position.
- Do NOT use, store, or transport tank where it would be exposed to high temperatures. The relief valve may open allowing a large amount of flammable gas to escape.
- Always transport your tank in a secure, well-ventilated location in your vehicle. The tank should be upright with the valve turned to the “CLOSED” position. Tank should be taken directly to and from place of use. Do NOT leave unattended in any vehicle.
- Do NOT use portable propane devices in enclosed or unventilated spaces, especially while sleeping, due to the risk of Carbon Monoxide poisoning, which can be fatal.
- Turn the cylinder valve handwheel to the “CLOSED” position before disconnecting the valve from any device. Failure to do so may allow LP Gas to escape and cause serious injury, property damage, or death.
- Do NOT operate, light, or use a propane appliance within ten feet (3.05 m) of walls, structures, buildings, or other combustible materials.