Calling all bird lovers! Pick up your wild bird seed at Berend Bros. We carry a great selection of wild bird feed including black oil sunflower, wild bird blend, Purina Bird Lovers Blend, and Cole’s Safflower and Niger Seed. Feeding wild birds in the winter is important as food sources for birds slow in the winter.
Pick up the following wild bird seed at Berend Bros:
- Black Oil Sunflower Seeds 10# and 50# – The most desired seed by birds. Attracts cardinals, chickadees, nuthatches, finches of all types, sparrows, jays, woodpeckers, grosbeaks, and indigo buntings.
- Wild Bird Blend 25# & 50# – Birds love this special blend and you’ll love the price. Pick up a bag or two today.
- Purina Bird Luvers Blend 25# – An all-Purpose blend of grains that appeals to a wide variety of wild birds.
- Cole’s Niger Seed #5 – Niger Seed, often mistakenly called Thistle seed, is a favorite of beautiful wild finches like the American Goldfinch.
- Cole’s Safflower Seed #5 – A favorite of cardinals! Since most squirrels and blackbirds don’t like the bitter taste of Safflower seed, it is an easy way to send a message to any undesirable visitors.
- Suet Feeders & Suet
Read our proven tips and techniques to help you quickly enjoy beautiful wild birds found around your yard.
Place your feeder so you can view it from a favorite room or chair. Think of a picture window, deck railing, patio, comfortable armchair, or breakfast table. Some feeders are designed to attach to your windowpane.
Your birds also need to enjoy where your feeder is placed so make sure it’s near plant or tree cover for protection from the weather and safety, yet easily found too.
Take an old, white t-shirt or towel and place it on the ground beneath your feeder (whether mounted on a pole or hanging from a hook or branch). Take a handful of black-oil sunflower seeds and sprinkle them on your “target”. Birds follow other birds’ feeding patterns so when the first bird finds these seeds, you and your feeder are in business!
Re-fill your feeder as often as necessary to encourage your backyard birds to enjoy your feeder every day too.
Stop by your local Berend Bros. for wild bird seed mixes, assorted bird treats, and bird feeders.
Source: National Bird-Feeding Society