Purina Pro Plan Puppy Chicken & Rice Formula
Purina Pro Plan Puppy Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food is made just for the new puppy in your pack. We know getting a great start on life and on the day includes a tasty breakfast packed with nutrition. Additionally, this nutritious dry puppy food is offers DHA-filled fish oil for cognitive development, calcium and phosphorous to grow strong teeth and bones. It also provides plenty of protein from lean chicken for a toned and healthy body. As a result, this dry puppy food offers everything your pup needs to thrive.
Available in 6-lb bag.
Shop any of our Berend Bros. locations in Wichita Falls, Bowie, Megargel, Windthorst, and Olney, Texas to browse our supply of high-quality dog food and supplies including Purina Pro Plan Puppy Chicken & Rice dog food.
- Specialized diet for puppies up to 1 year old is made with real chicken and rice providing the nutrition and energy they need to grow and thrive
- Highly digestible formula with prebiotic fiber to maintain intestinal balance and to promote digestive health
- Omega-6 fatty acids are included for healthy skin and a beautiful shiny coat
- DHA improves cognitive development and added calcium strengthens teeth and bones throughout the aging process of your puppy
- Proudly manufactured in Purina-owned U.S.A facilities and does not contain any added artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives
Chicken, Brewer's Rice, Poultry By-Product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Whole Grain Wheat, Animal Fat Preserved with Mixed-Tocopherols, Whole Grain Corn, Corn Germ Meal, Brewer's Dried Yeast, Fish Meal, Animal Digest, Dried Egg Product, Fish Oil, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Phosphate, Choline Chloride, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Manganese Sulfate, L-Lysine Monohydrochloride, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Sulfate, Riboflavin Supplement, Garlic Oil, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Biotin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Sodium Selenite. W-4458.
|CRUDE PROTEIN||28.0% min|
|CRUDE FAT||18.0% max|
|CRUDE FIBER||3.0% max|
|LINOLEIC ACID||1.6% min|
|VITAMIN A||15,000 IU/kg min|
|VITAMIN E||100 IU/kg min|
|DOCOSAHEXAENOIC ACID (DHA)||0.05% min|
- Puppies start to nibble solid foods at 3 - 4 weeks of age. Keep moistened Pro Plan available at all times. Allow your puppy to eat at will until fully weaned (6 - 8 weeks). After weaning, Pro Plan can be fed moistened or dry. For best results, develop a regular feeding schedule such as three small meals a day for younger puppies. You can gradually reduce to one feeding in the morning and one in the evening as your puppy ages. The routine should not vary. As puppies near adulthood, their calorie needs may drop, and your puppy may begin leaving some food in the bowl. Don't misinterpret this as an indication of dislike for the food. Instead, begin offering less so your puppy doesn't overeat and stays in ideal body condition.
- Nestle Purina research indicates that avoiding overfeeding of puppies may help their development. Maintaining ideal body condition is key to encouraging proper growth in all puppies, especially large breeds. The indicated amounts are only a guideline. If your puppy becomes overweight a reduction of your puppy's daily food intake may be appropriate. You may wish to consult your veterinarian about a weight control program.
- Feeding for Reproduction: Pro Plan provides the extra nutrition needed by reproducing females in stages of gestation and lactation. Food consumption may vary during gestation, so feed the amount needed to maintain the pregnant female's ideal body condition. Food intake may double or even quadruple during lactation.
- Provide adequate fresh water in a clean container daily. For your pet's health, see your veterinarian regularly.